Vaccination

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

emattson

Vaccination

Post by emattson »

Well, I received my two jabs to protect myself from the newest variant of Covid-19 and the flu. I had been pushing the envelope of the old saying, "It's never too late to get vaccinated." The next day, I suffered from a low grade fever, with sensitive skin. My resting heart rate shot up by an extra 10 beats per minute, which is an extreme jump. A fast heartbeat can be a sign of a dangerous allergic reaction! But mine's still well within the healthy rest range; no need to lose sleep over it. Thankfully, my rest rate dropped the day after. Fever is pretty common as it's the body defenses reacting to what they felt as dangerous threats. With possible side effects, it's best to get vaccinated on the day before your days off and plan to go easy on your exercises while recovering. In general, fever and soreness may last about a day.

It's feels like Uechi-ryu conditioning exercises. It's hard, but strengthening. Obviously, the old wives tale of more pain meant more gain is not true. One important thing I learned while training in karate is that pushing too hard can be self-defeating. It risk injury. Pain is your body warning you to rest, allowing it to recover. If it doesn't go away, then you may need medical attention.
https://premierspineandsports.com/mista ... -you-pain/
One woman I know suffered terribly after her first COVID-19 jab; she sweated from a terrible fever. In my opinion, something went wrong in that case. The whole point of vaccination is to greatly reduce body damage. I remember for a long time, I used to be afraid of vaccination because a friend would always get very sick after getting flu jabs. Later, by chance, I discovered that she's allergic to latex. Some flu vaccination warn people allergic to latex not to use their product because tip caps of their prefilled syringes contain latex or something similar enough. Pain may be from poor injection technique. If the nurse used a slower injection, resulting in the needle moving around causing more tissue damage, then the arm will be more sore.
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid ... accine-why

I have a great deal of respect for Walgreen web has good informational fact sheets about vaccination--a difference between snake oil salesmen and a caring medical practitioner. One tidbit that's helpful is learning that the nurse prefers to jab the arm that's not dominant. I'm right-handed, so they jabbed twice on the left arm. That allows me to move from one position to another while sleeping in bed without touching the sore arm.

Perhaps the greatest reason for flu vaccination is that studies have shown that they could potentially prove to reduce the risk of the dreadful dementia.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9422174/
Erik

“Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.”
- John Adams

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”