If we had to elect a world leader. . .

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

JOHN THURSTON

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

GEM:

I loved the anecdote.

Scary to think that I might vote for "C." all other things being equal.

JohnT.

------------------
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Just received this and thought you might like to take the test: gem

It is time to elect a world leader, and your vote counts.

Here's the scoop on the three leading candidates.

Candidate A: associates with ward heelers and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B: was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of brandy every evening.

Candidate C: is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any illicit affairs.

Which of these candidates is your choice??

Scroll Down...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt

Candidate B is Winston Churchill

Candidate C is Adolph Hitler

And the moral of the story is? Eat, drink, and be merry -- because it's all bull****.

[This message has been edited by gmattson (edited 01-25-99).]
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Does this mean there's hope for me?
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Anecdotes and causality aside, it says a lot about one thing - how much people focus on personalities rather than substantive issues. The real question is how seriously one took the first part before looking for the answer.
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

ahh....Hitler. J.D. really hit it on the head. Hitler and his cronies were far from the ideal 'German'. In fact, Hitler's father's parentage was in question, and was possibly half jewish. The official book of aryan 'qualities' allowed for a 25% blend of semite, just in case someone came up with a way to do a genetic test and found bad blood! Also, his right hand man Goebels (I need an umlout here but my compter lacks it) had a club foot, enough to send many 'away' at the time. Himmler was another scrawney chinless dude. Goering was rather rotund. But they were his early supporters so that put them into the inner circle.

Hitler's secret was his ability to create a hypnotic state in his listeners. Hess and Goebels would warm up the crowd with heated rhetoric and the salutes and Hitler would follow. His method of speaking had sharp starts and finishes, very rhythmatic, and his top dogs kept up the 'seig heil's. Before anyone knew it, they were absorbed and responding to the herd instinct.

Hitler did have a mistress most of the time he was in charge - Eva Braun - whom he married in the bunker before committing suicide. He also drove a cousin to suicide in her youth by his attentions. He did not eat meat because he worried the animal fat would make his sweat smell. He subsisted largely on tea and toast with jelly, plus megadoses of the amphetmines of the period, injected into his eye sockets. By the way, he did smoke as a child and his father beat him without mercy - he would not cry.

His manifesto 'Mein Kampf' should have warned the world, but no one took him seriously until it was too late.

I am not comparing VP AlGore to Hitler, but his very green manifesto has me concerned. The local paper ran a segment during the unibomber trial and did not credit it. It was assumed to be the work of Kazinski. It was identified elsewhere in the paper as being from AlGore's book. The Richmond paper is right leaning but the comparison was revealing. Wow, how did I get on that topic?

Credit John Toland's book "Adolph Hitler" with the above info. He also wrote some really good books on the Japanese prior to and during WW2, leaning somewhat in their directiion in fact,

Rich

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”