REMINDER: March 11, 2000 - 3RD Regional Workout

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

michael A.

Post by michael A. »

REMINDER: MARCH 11, 2000 - 3RD Regional Uechi-ryu Karate Workout

Michael Aceto and Newton Karate Academy are pleased to be hosting the 3RD Regional Uechi-ryu Karate Workout on March 11, 2000. For those who may not know Mike, he started his training thirty years ago with Bob Campbell Sensei, and since Campbell's move to Hong Kong has trained with George Mattson Sensei. Mattson Sensei will be our honored guest. We also currently have attendance commitments from instructor Danny Gadowski and tournament champion Fedele Cacia.

We want to remind everyone that this popular get together series is for everyone - white belts to black belts. We would also like all dojo's to encourage their junior students to participate.

The location is the Mackenzie Center at 1337 Centre Street in Newton Center, Massachusetts. The event will run from 10:00AM - 12:45 PM. The facility is accessible by public transportation.

Look for more specific details and directions later this weekend. You can also contact Jayne or Mike in the evenings at 617-266-6006, or Jayne during the day at 617-960-5151 (1-800-888-4500, x5151, if calling from out of state).
mikemurphy

Post by mikemurphy »

Mike,

You can count on me. I will put the word out at my dojo and bring a few with me. I meant to call you, but things are really busy for me. Put me on your list of "Be there."

Mike
david

Post by david »

Mikey,

Sorry, I just found out I can't make the regional because of a work conference in San Diego. I guess I'll have to settle on roller blading in my speedo. Ooooh, the horror...

This is pretty bad. I am 0-3 on regionals because of scheduling conflicts.

Will call you to visit on another occaison. Image

david
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Mike, how much donation at the door?

Gene
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Gee David, I guess that means you have to host the next one!

Gene
T Rose

Post by T Rose »

Hey Gene,

That's not a bad idea... The concept of the Regional workout was to get together and workout, to train. Everyone who comes puts on a gi and participates on the same level. You don't need a dojo for that...all you need is the desire...
michael A.

Post by michael A. »

The price of the 3rd Regional Workout:

$15.00 Adults
$10.00 Juniors
(Payable at the door. Try to bring exact change if possible, or a check to "Newton Karate Academy".)

Free Spectator Seating for family, friends, or anyone you know who may be interested in studying Karate.

REMEMBER THIS WORKOUT WILL BE ALMOST THREE HOURS LONG AND JAM-PACKED WITH FUN AND HARD WORK.

Mattson Sensei has cancelled his Saturday class that day so anyone planning to go to "The Hut" will meet at the Mackenzie Center on March 11, 2000. (It is in walking distance from The Hut.)

We want to remind everyone that this get together workout is for everyone, Uechi-ryu, Shohei-ryu, or anyone else who wants to work out with us. We ask everyone's help spreading the word about this event. We will have a sign-in sheet and encourage everyone to use it (including phone number, address, e-mail, etc.) so we can give it to the host of the Fourth Regional. Unfortunately, we received a list of names from the last event but no contact information! Please contact those you know in surrounding areas such as New Hampshire and Rhode Island. They are not too far away to spend the Saturday with us. We plan to pick a meeting spot for lunch at 1:15.

In the tradition started by Tracy Rose, please post below if you plan to attend the 3rd Regional Workout and the number of students you plan to bring. PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR JUNIORS TO ATTEND. We brought a few last time and they were disappointed there was not a larger turnout. We promised them a larger Junior crowd this time, and do not want to disappoint them. They are our future.

I will put together an all-inclusive Post over the next few days, including directions. This way you can print it out and give it to your students and/or those you know who are not on a computer. I may also Post on a few more Forums, because unfortunately this one does not appear to be as popular as some others.

Please call me (617-960-5151) if you have further questions, or I can pass your name/number onto Mike Aceto to contact you directly.

Jayne D. Kramer
Newton Karate Academy
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

I'll be there with at least 20 students.

Come on dojo. . . lets show some Uechi spirit!

------------------
GEM
Gary Santaniello

Post by Gary Santaniello »

Jayne,

You may want to post this soon on other forums for those who do not check this one often (as myself). Giving them advance notice may help as to give time for planning attendence. It's coming up real fast !

I'll be there ! With a couple of students. Willing to help out if needed.

------------------
Gary S.
mikemurphy

Post by mikemurphy »

Jayne,

I hope to be there with 10-15 students if possible. Maybe more if some get off of work.

mike

Return to “Events, Products & Services”