CPR certification

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

mikemurphy

CPR certification

Post by mikemurphy »

To all those in the New England region:

I have set up a date for CPR certification/recertification on Saturday afternoon at 1:00pm at my dojo (unless the number of people is too many in which case I will find a bigger venue). Anyone who is interested, please send me an email or call me at my dojo any night for more info.
The cost of the program will be $25.00 at the day of the program. This should be mandatory for all dojo owners and their students who instruct.

I don't know if this interfers with the regional workout Gary K is offering, but as I told him privately in an email, I really didn't have much choice in the matter. If the regional is on that day, please go to that and get your CPR certification at another time.

Sincerely,

mike
781-963-8891
Gene DeMambro

CPR certification

Post by Gene DeMambro »

THIS Saturday, September 9, 2000?

Gene
mikemurphy

CPR certification

Post by mikemurphy »

Sorry,

The date for the CPR certification/recertification is October 21, 2000 at 1:00pm (Saturday afternoon)

mike
mikemurphy

CPR certification

Post by mikemurphy »

I'm still waiting to hear from people regarding the CPR seminar. Please get in touch with me ASAP if you are interested as I need to tell the instructor how many to expect.

I won't reiterate the importance of this training. Is it important enough to miss a Uechi class? yes (sorry all you sensei out there). Anyone, man, woman, or child can drop in your class for a number of reasons. Your action could save a life. It's not like it is on TV, so don't simply think just because you saw it on ER a hundred times that you can do it to.

Get yourself trained and maybe you will save a life sometime.

mike
mikemurphy

CPR certification

Post by mikemurphy »

Well I have not heard from many of you as of yet. October 1st is the deadline I have to set the number of participants for the CPR certification/recertification. Again, I urge you ALL to get certified, especially if you are a dojo owner or instructor!!!!!

With luck, Sensei Mattson will post this on the page so that people will have NO excuse as to knowing it was scheduled. I hope to see you on the 21st of October. Remember, I need a count by the 1st of Oct.

mike
Kevin Mackie

CPR certification

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Mike, I'm not ignoring you. I have CPR training at work and am scheduled for classes next month.

I agree that it an important topic and should be learned by every parent or anyone responsible for the safety of others, (read: Dojo owners)

Mike, I have two training dummies at home, adult and child, if you need to borrow extra for your class. Let me know.

Kevin
mikemurphy

CPR certification

Post by mikemurphy »

Kevin,

That would be great if you don't mind. Could you swing them up to the dojo or do you want me to come get them? Your call!

mike
Kevin Mackie

CPR certification

Post by Kevin Mackie »

I'll drop them off some nite this week 5:00 OK?
Kevin
mikemurphy

CPR certification

Post by mikemurphy »

Thanks Kevin.

mike
Lori

CPR certification

Post by Lori »

Hey Mike-san,

Head over to the Computer Web/Tech Forum and ask Scott to post a Forum-wide announcement about this class. There is an announcement feature that will put a little folder at the top of all the forum pages for items of interest to all. It used to be up there all the time for all moderators to add an announcement whenever they wanted but disappeared with the last upgrade. In anycase - Scott will be happy to post one for you - might help get the word out for you better.
gmattson
Site Admin

CPR certification

Post by gmattson »

I'd help out Mike, but am in the middle of switching computers (my new one arrived yesterday) I've been busy trying to get everything working and am way behind on updating the site.

------------------
GEM
mikemurphy

CPR certification

Post by mikemurphy »

Sensei and Lori,

Thanks for the help. I'll give Scott a post.

mike
mikemurphy

CPR certification

Post by mikemurphy »

To all those who plan on coming to the CPR certification on 10-21-00, remember that it starts at 1:00pm and will probably run 3 hours. Any questions, please call me at the dojo 781-963-8891.

mike

Return to “Events, Products & Services”