Back again

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill Bau

Back again

Post by Bill Bau »

Hello everyone,
First of all I apologize for being away. Some of it is my fault, some of it is George's. He changed this all around and being scared to death of this computer, changes chase me away. Anyway he raised enough H---with me, so here I am. An update on my health: Still in remission, every two month I get all the test at New England Medical Center in Boston and they have been good. I did have some surgery a couple weeks ago, had a growth removed from my right hip. A bit scary but it was benign. I am doing great, played golf with George the other day. Considering they gave me 3 to 15 months, 44 months ago, well you know, I feel pretty lucky. If any of you doubt the "Power" of Uechi-Ryu, take it from me, I know I would have been gone a long time ago without my training. I KNOW THIS, not a doubt in my mind. Cured??? No, but living it out to the fullest. Hopefully will be contributing here now. Best to all of you.
Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Back again

Post by gmattson »

Good to see your posts again Bill. We missed you. Anyone who has played golf with you this past year would never know that you are sick. 250 yard drives and 200 yard 5 wood shots to the green. If you could only PUTT!

Going to check the "Touch of Hope" thread, to see if you mentioned anything about your experiences with Steve.

------------------
GEM
Allen M.

Back again

Post by Allen M. »

Good to read you back, Bill.

Well we never made it into the bay from your marina this past summer and you got real quiet for awhile so's I got worried about you. Glad to hear you're as feisty as ever.

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]
Bill Bauknecht

Back again

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Sorry Allen, I had such a hectic summer. My mother took sick and passed away Aug.29th. Was taking care of her after moving her in with us. Still in the process of selling her house and contents. My place is being sold and it looks like we will be building a new house soon. Boating, fishing, golf and even karate were on hold. Will see how total retirement will be. Boring I think.
Bill
Allen M.

Back again

Post by Allen M. »

Hello Bill,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. all my sympathy goes with you. You have such a big job ahead of you, taking care of both households.

I hope it gets boring enough for you so that we can go fishing off the Vineyard one day next summer.

------------------
Allen at new website www.ury2k.com <A HREF="mailto:uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A>
Wayne McKnight

Back again

Post by Wayne McKnight »

Hello Bill,
Don't know if you remember me, but we corresponded several times offline. I enjoyed sharing the "e-conversations" and thank you for your insights. I am happy to see you posting again and look forward to future exchanges with you and the rest of the forum.
I wish you the best regarding getting all your affairs taken care of. That's of course a never ending, always changing thing. Who was it that said; "Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans." Ain't that the truth!
Take care,

------------------
Wayne McKnight
Bill B

Back again

Post by Bill B »

Thank you Allen,,Don't know if I mentioned, since my whole place here is selling, (looks like it anyway), I will have lots of time next summer. Maybe after 40 yrs here of working,,I will have some time to enjoy more including fishing again. All my fishing before was at night, the only time I had for it. We will get out!!!
Bill
Bill B

Back again

Post by Bill B »

Hi Wayne,
Nice to hear from you and of course I remember you. How have you been?? You hit the nail right on the head. Do it all, don't wait, LIFE IS TOO SHORT, and that's the truth. Where has it gone.
Bill
Allen M.

Back again

Post by Allen M. »

Hello Bill,

I am looking forward to a day of beer and fishing in the bay, Bill.

Any time you want to work out, as long as it is not on that tortuously cold Grange floor, let me know.

Allen

------------------
Allen, now at his new website www.ury2k.com
Wayne McKnight

Back again

Post by Wayne McKnight »

Hi Bill,
All in all, I've been fine. Been away on bid'ness this week out to Delaware. I got to witness what I thought was a pretty impressive squall pass through on Tuesday night. Well.... being I'm from the desert southwest I thought it was impressive. When we say we had a six inch rain, we mean a raindrop fell every six inches! But still, I don't think you and Allen would fish in a storm like that, or would you..... ;~)
Training is going well. I'm preparing for a dan test in December. First one in a long time. Luckily, I'm taking a new medication to treat my Menieres Disease that actually seems to be helping, I hope. Time will tell. I still attribute my training for keeping me as fit as I am.
Bye for now,

------------------
Wayne McKnight
Allen M.

Back again

Post by Allen M. »

Wayne,

Where from the Great Southwest Desert do you hail?

------------------
Wayne McKnight

Back again

Post by Wayne McKnight »

....why that would be from the "Land of Enchantment", New Mexico. Just outside of Albuquerque in the Manzano Mountains, to be more specific.
Have you ever spent any time out this way Allen?

------------------
Wayne McKnight
Bill B.

Back again

Post by Bill B. »

Hi Wayne,
Glad to hear you are doing so well. You mentioned Deleware,I have relatives around Dover. My brother in law is retired AF pilot, flew the C5A out of Dover for yrs. His kids are around there, mostly military. One of his kids, retired AF Captain lives in Alb, N.M. ( I wont try to spell it). I'll pick a good day to get Allen out fishing. I have definitly been out there in some rough stuff over the yrs. That Alantic can be nasty. I have more sense now and pick my days. I think! Take care
Bill
Bill B.

Back again

Post by Bill B. »

Ok Allen, I will find someplace else for a work out, I cant take that cold floor anymore either. Lol. How bout on the beach, that would be interesting and quite a challenge for both of us. I think we better stay away from that. wouldnt want to get carried out. Right??
Bill
Allen M.

Back again

Post by Allen M. »

Well Bill,

Let's go down to the beach in the surf during the height of the next full-blown Noreaster and use Sanchin to subdue the tempest of the raging sea at her meanest.

If I can't conquer it than I'm going to give it one hell of a fight.

------------------

Return to “Special Needs”