BB Promotion

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill B.

BB Promotion

Post by Bill B. »

My congratulations to all candidates who passed their dan test yesterday. This being my first vist to Gary's dojo, I must say he has a beautiful school and the promotion itself was as smoothly run as any I have seen over the years. It was an honor for me to sit on this board and I thank all for a wonderful day. I pray that the injury to Fidele is not serious and he has a quick recovery. His performance was indeed, exceptional, a credit to our system. A GREAT job by all. AND, thank you George!!
Bill
Steve

BB Promotion

Post by Steve »

...and let me chime in with how great it was to finally meet you, Bill!

Even better to find out that we are from the same area of the country and have probably hunted some of the same woods and fields.

Thanks for letting me drive your van - what a luxurious vehicle.

Best regards, Steve

------------------
D. Steven White
swhite@umassd.edu
gmattson
Site Admin

BB Promotion

Post by gmattson »

In case anyone doesn't know Bill, he and I had our picture taken at the dantest and I posted it on the home page as part of the slide show. Bill is the handsome one!! Image

------------------
GEM
Ron G

BB Promotion

Post by Ron G »

Hey bill, Looked at your picture and thought I would be seeing some old guy. Lookin good!
Bill B.

BB Promotion

Post by Bill B. »

Steve, it was my pleasure meeting you as well. I had a great day. Ron, you expected correctly, you were looking at an "OLD" guy, but thanks anyway. I might add, George was correct, I am the better looking one. lol. And considering that I am like 2 1/2 months older than George, well, all I can say is George you should take better care of yourself. (with all due respect sir!)
I wanted to mention that Thursday night Art Rabesa came over and picked me up and we went to Pembroke. Peter Blackman taught the class and before long Art was in there with his specialty, first gear attacks. Jim Maloney, Van Canna, Bobby Bethaney, Art and myself were there. I did gi up but only did a san chin. That is the first for awhile and I must admit it felt like a million bucks, it probably looked awful but I think I can improve on it, I just have to gear everything back. From there, Jimmy, Art, Van, Peter, Bobby and me went to a restaurant and had a wonderful meal. The restaurant was closed, we were the only ones there and the food kept coming and it was just delicious. These guys, especially Bobby and Jimmy started telling the stories, (of course I have heard them many times over the years), but we were all in stitches and it was 1:30 in the morning when Art dropped me off. Poor guy, he had to work in the morning. But it was just a great time with the wild bunch of great guys and some of the elite Uechi teachers. I have been exhausted ever since. Just can't take the night life anymore. lol. It was the best night out in years and I thank the "guys" for including me. Next time I do san chin and maybe another kata.
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”