Deep Sixing Equipment

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Deep Sea

Deep Sixing Equipment

Post by Deep Sea »

Deep Sixing Equipment

I am selling off all my unused computer parts as well as two functioning computers that I have no room in with which to take with me.

I'll be listng the goods in the proper forum but I have two working computers of faily recent vintage, one for $100 and one for $200. Heads up.
Last edited by Deep Sea on Sat May 10, 2003 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen
gmattson
Site Admin

hey Al,

Post by gmattson »

Perhaps I should invest in one. Please give me a call.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

I'll call from work in the am
-- Allen
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Hi Allen,

Please do let me know about your equip. I'm interested also.

Gene

genorph@aol.com
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

Background:

Chong and I are not as young nor do we have the health we had when we returned to New England so like an aircraft ready to take off, it's a fuel/weight consideration

The reason for this sale is to make our load as light and as compact as possible, as close to what we can fit into a seabag. Anything absolutely not necessary to maintain a Spartan lifestyle is going to be left behind, including our old furniture.

I gave "2 weeks upon acceptance" to an out-of-state place who are considering a second interview later this week. So at any rate I'll be here for three more weeks if they call me for the second interview and ask me to join their team.

Foreground:

One PC left, going for $100, and in a premium steel tower server case. I think you'll like this one. It won't be obsolete for awhile, and it is upgradable to the faster chips so when you want something hotter all you will need to so is get one of them.

It has at least 500Meg RAM on it, a heavy-duty power supply, a Phast (fast, that is) video card, modem and net card. A server case means a more rugged larger case capable of holding many hard drives and CD-ROM drives plus any other goodies. With it is an older version of Microsoft office. Nothing cheap about it, I purchased the best available at the time. The PC is an AMD 1100 or 1300 with a modern state-of-the-art RAID motherboard and has easy opening side panels with plenty of room inside to expand.

It is complete except for hard drive [which is SCSI]. I have an extra 40G hard drive (almost brand new and my backup disk) that I'll throw in and set up an NT operating system on it [and give you the original NT CD] for $50.00. If you want an 80Gig fast EIDE it’ll go for $60.00. I believe the 80G has the fast 8-meg buffer. I’ll even give you a fairly recent SUSE Linux system with one of the hard drives.

If you want a SCSI drive and controller we can talk inexpensive $$$ else I can always use SCSI.

There is an older laser printer for free if you pick it up. It needs a toner but it works off the parallel port and is a workhorse.

There is an HP 4051 laser printer for $150 that is also a true workhorse, it is my main printer and the toner on it lasts forever.

There is a nice flatbed scanner, USB for 20.00

There is a box of assorted goodies including a zip drive and some EIDE removable containers and other hardware I’ve collected over the past several years plus a lot of ribbon cables, power cables, etc.a tape drive, and maybe even a CR-ROM drive. There are many mechanical including 5-1/4” front-mount fans for extra cooling. There may be one or two new zip disks still in the box but no guarantee. I’m not going to itemize the items so the whole box for $60, just one or two items alone are worth that price to an interested party.

A pair of nice horizontal file cabinets for 20 bux.

A bunch of new CD-R and –RW disks still packaged for .25 and .50 each.

I almost forgot. I have a brand new, still-in-the-box ASUS P4PE motherboard for $70.00. This is the one to die for with hyperthreading, RAID, serial ATA, etc.

Saturday I destroyed all used media such as floppy disks and disks for the zip drive for obvious reasons.

That's about it, and I think priced right for quick sale.
Last edited by Deep Sea on Sat May 10, 2003 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Allen
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Hi Allen,

I just sent you an e-mail. PLease let mw know if you don't get it.

Gene
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

I did not receive it.

For the remainder of the week you can also cc the email to me at [deleted] because my email at home has been very unreliable lately due to a phone company ground problem. I'll be there in the afternoons for a few more days after today.

[note:] If you type-in the email address, be aware that there are underscores on both sides of the uppercase 'L'.

Post your email address and I'll send you my work email address.
-- Allen
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Hi Allen,

genorph@aol.com

And I also just sent you a PM.

Gene

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”