Virtual bouncer

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

It occurred to me that VBouncer may have installed itself as a process or service. To find out if it is a service you need to give your machine the three-finger salute, open the task manager and click on the Processes tab. Scroll down the list and if you see it, end the process by first highlighting the process, ricght-clicking the mouse and then select the appropriate item from the menu provided.

To discover if it's a service, go to start, control panel, administrative tools, and select services. Scroll down the list and if you find it unstart it and select manual.

You need to then inspect the registry and wipe out all instances of this thing, which is another process that needs to be undertaken. Playing in the registry can hose you forever so make sure you have your system CD incase you need to rebuild everythinjg from scratch [Often a good idea anyway]. A simpler solution is to go to PCWorld's download page and select one of their registry cleaners. Install and run it. That takes care of a lot of problems. Anything else you need to take two asprins and call the doctor in the morning.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen

Post by Guest »

Van,

Sorry I haven't been around... my life is full of excitement right now as you know... :lol:

Like Allen said, make sure you dissalow that app to access the internet. A spyware remover would be good for you to run once in a while, but like allen also said, a bandaid if it's going to run all the time and watch your back. I'm not familiar with spy watchers because I watch my ports manually and remove "garbage" manually from the registry myself. I will have to do some research to find out which app is best for you. I think that something that you can run once in a while when ZA prompts you would be best then another utility in your startup folder (you've got too much already).

I'll find something today sometime. In the meantime, there is an option at the ZA prompt to "NEVER" allow access to that program. use it.

Take care,
Tony
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

ASIDE: FYI Tony: I started riding again like we were talking about last year or the year before. On the second day in the pouring rain I went down when I hit the brakes and the rear wheel skidded out from under me. Lots of fun!~!
-- Allen

Post by Guest »

This is, from what I can tell, the premier spy bot remover, and it's free:

http://www.lavasoft.de/

Allen, what kind of bike did you get?
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

I use Lavasoft, Tony. I got it from pcworld's downloads.

Thought you'd be interested in the bike. Long story. I'm not going to redirect the topic so I'll send you something offline.
-- Allen

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”