Any Word on a Raffi Seminar in Richmond?

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

MikeK

Any Word on a Raffi Seminar in Richmond?

Post by MikeK »

Had fun at the last two and was wondering if there will be one this year. 8)
I was dreaming of the past...
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

It's been a project that Miss Vicki has been working on. No news yet... She's had a lot of unexpected "projects" thrown on her personal plate.

We will keep you in touch, Mike. And I agree - this is a wonderful event.

- Bill
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Looking forward to it. It'll be good to see ya again Bill. :D
chef

Post by chef »

Damn, Mike, you are reading my mind. I was just talking to someone about getting in touch with him two days ago.

I need to get his numbers from Bill. I lost my phone 2 months ago with about 150 numbers, including Raffi's.

I will set it up though.

Ciao,
Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Mike

Just a "heads up." Our club (American Family Fitness) is building a new facility. When it is done, martial arts will no longer have to share a room with all the aerobics queens. It'll be the dancers and the martial artists sharing one room. I can deal with that.

And one of our students is going to be teaching a belly dancing class. After my classes with Kami at camp, I've already decided I'm coming out of the closet and joining the class. :lol: These folks understand use of the core - unlike a certain "rod up the rear" faction of martial artists. And if that isn't a reason to join, there are others... 8O

The new, enlarged gym and our new schedule will open on June 1. Stop on by!

- Bill
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

The new, enlarged gym and our new schedule will open on June 1.
Do you have a new schedule confirmed?

Rich
Member of the world's premier gun club, the USMC!
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Not yet. Working on it...

The class has been voting for a return of Tuesday and Thursday during the week (keeping Saturday hours). Then we'll have to negotiate more time as we train more instructors.

We're still working on Crystal and the kiddy class(es). As you know, this will be an exciting new addition for us in the new club.

Bill
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

I see the new building going up on my many trips to Tara Thai for some numtuk and a Mai Tai. :lol:
Looks very nice, but until someone fixes the traffic on Pouncy Tract in regards to the mall, the Y (1 mile from the cassa) is just too convenient. And now that the entire family is using the Y on a regular basis (gym, Teen Center, camp etc) looks like we'll be staying put.
I will definitely stop by though to check out your new digs! :D
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

It wouldn't have been my first choice for a location, Mike. On the other hand, there are plans for major improvements to traffic in the area that include:
  • a fly-over from 295 to 64, making a 288 approach from the west very reasonable for me,
  • a 2nd bridge over I-64 on Pouncey Tract, making a northern approach easier, and
  • a new entrance to Short Pump from the evolving John Rolfe Parkway to the south, which has just been approved and will be completed in a year and a half.
This will all settle out. Am Fam Fitness has chosen all its locations strategically so that folks can come from all directions. There's always short-term pain, but they get it right in the long run.

The fact that you are often by by the site of construction says it all.

Bill
Last edited by Bill Glasheen on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
chef

Post by chef »

If you get a chance, Bill, please send me Raffi's phone, and I will get on this asap. When I lost my phone, I also lost about 150 phone numbers...major ordeal to get them back.

Thanks...I'll owe you.

Vicki
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I don't know how to cut and paste into a text message, Miss Vicki. But you still have it on Skype, and now you have it PM-ed to you.

Bill
chef

Post by chef »

No, I don't have it on Skype. Thank you so much skyping me with his phone, but I failed to write it down and my history is set to erase everything when I get off...my bad!

My request was to text me, by phone. You misunderstood, Mr. Bill.

I have it now.

Much appreciated.

Regards and good night,
Vicki
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

Not yet. Working on it...
Do not tarry. We may not be the only ones eyeing that space. You need to get with Kristy and Cheryl while karate is on their mind. They are looking to fill that room... that is their goal. They may not wait to hear from you. If someone else comes in with a plan that sounds good we could be out of luck. Block out and lock in some times that work for most and work out the details later.

Rich
Last edited by RACastanet on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the world's premier gun club, the USMC!
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

I wish I could just ask a question here at home and get my boys this busy. :lol:
chef

Post by chef »

Thanks to Bill, I now have Raffi's email address and just sent him a heads up for some possible dates. He often comes in around early spring, maybe March. He also can come around Easter, to co-inside with Susan's teaching holiday schedule.

Raffi is good about getting back in touch with me...time to start recruiting people. That means I need to show up at my other karate class and get them to commit to this. I will put the neoprene brace on and start showing up there again. Will just have to be careful not to hurt that leg anymore before surgery...darn.

Regards,
Vicki

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”