Another interesting analogy -- see Exodus: Gods and Kings

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Another interesting analogy -- see Exodus: Gods and Kings

Post by Bill Glasheen »

This movie got plenty of raspberries from some of the critics, and some kudos from others. Most important to me though, it got me talking to my 16-year-old about a "well-known story" and how different people can see it differently. Is it magical or does it make sense? Do we use it to scare people into behaving well or inspire them to look within?

Then my son and I got to talking about the whole "martial arts story" and how it is told by elders and peers. Is it magical or does it make sense? Do we worship the gurus or are we to get on the path with them and make our own discoveries? Are there secret powers or is this just good abilities by some and a lot of flim-flam PT Barnum with others? My son and I actually got to talking a lot about that last one. Funny... *he* thinks I do magic in the karate classroom some time. But I'm far from a person who wants others to believe that what I do in the classroom is magic.

Go see the movie Exodus: Gods and Kings and enjoy. Then feel free to come back and talk about it.

SPOILER ALERT - Moses frees the Jews and passes on the ten commandments. :-P

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”