Becoming a Bullet Proof Black belt The Laws

. . . creating balance in your life through the use of food, herbs and the art of oriental medicine

Moderator: robb buckland

emattson

Re: Becoming a Bullet Proof Black belt The Laws

Post by emattson »

"Not all surgeries have a 100% success rate and many surgeries make the problem worse."

True, the medical field needs to work harder to gain our trust; they're doing a shabby job at it. Journal of Patient Safety 2013 had reported that medical errors causes roughly 440 000 deaths per year and is the third leading cause of death in the US. In 1976, the American Medical Association (AMA) claimed that there were 2.4 million unnecessary operations performed on Americans at a cost of $3.9 billion and 11,900 patients had died from unneeded operations. In fact the FDA does not regulate surgical procedures. Surgeons may do operations for financial gain, fame, or both. An advisory committee to the Food and Drug Administration discovered that Phenylephrine, an active ingredient for relieving stuffy noses doesn't work. Phenylephrine has been used in numerous cold medicines for decades. I wasted a lot of money on snake oil cold remedies. I'm fighting a cold now and didn't bother browsing the cold aisle. I don't trust the vitamin remedies either, most are proven to be scams pushed by the greedy holistic pill industries. I especially don't trust herbal supplements. GNC, Target, Walmart and Walgreen Co had been caught selling fake herbal pills. An investigation, led by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman found that only 4 percent of the products sold at Walmart actually had DNA from plants advertised on the labels. An old Discover magazine article, I wish I remember the year, described a Chinese man who suffered severe lead poisoning from taking medicine from a traditional herb pharmacy.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5234149/
https://www.sciencealert.com/are-vitami ... -acid-zinc
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/herbal-sup ... y-general/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2723283/
Erik

“Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.”
- John Adams
Buckland robb

Post by Buckland robb »

LAW 8: Adopt A Refined Methodology to Produce Transformative Results 8)

Until now, your training probably has been measured by external factors. With an external form and with external variables such as weight or skill progression.

The highest level techniques are internal and happen inside your body, not outside of it. You need to bring your training to a higher level intellectually. You need to raise your standards regarding what it means to train “correctly”.

The mainstream fitness is full of myths and misconceptions which are only half true.

“Always use full range of motion”
“The elbows must always go inwards in the push up”
“Knees cannot go over the toes during a squat."

We can tell you that once you implement mindfulness and a proper methodology, all of these cues and myths are thrown out of the window.

The general fitness enthusiast only understands the external form of the exercise and how to measure the progress with weights and progressions.

What if we told you that form, control, tempo and stabilisation are far more powerful ways to make the exercise harder than just adding weight?

What if we told you that the exercise form is subjective… what if a good form for someone else can be a bad form for someone who has much higher standards and understanding of the human body?

Finally, what if we told you that we can give you this power to be in complete control over your body and training.

To have no need to listen to anyone else in regards to what happens in your body because your body shouts loud and clear exactly what it needs? :?:
emattson

Post by emattson »

"Skill Vs. Strength Training"

Proper body building techniques can be tricky because of lack of well-respected organizations giving guidance and so much "fad" sites. The two best web pages I can find is from Mayo Clinic and Harvard Medical School.
Good overview on fitness:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20044792
Overview on strength training.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20046670
https://www.health.harvard.edu/exercise ... ng-program
Erik

“Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.”
- John Adams
Buckland robb

Post by Buckland robb »

LAW 8 : Discover Your Athletic Type and Where You Are Best At :D :idea:

“We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.” - Tyler Durden, Fight Club.

YouTube videos and online advice has had all of us believing that one day we will all be able to do one arm handstands, super heavy deadlifts, gymnastic planches or grow gigantic like an Olympic bodybuilder.

But we won’t, no matter what we do. The reality is that everyone is a unique human being with a unique genetic makeup. And not one individual is better than another.

This is why years ago we started moving away from extremism in strength, skills and body composition. We wanted to help everyone and not just the 1% who had the right body composition and enough fast twitch muscle fibres to perform the extreme stunts.

We are all about realism and self-awareness when it comes to training. And the truth is… you are capable of much more than you think and your potential is almost limitless. You can become an exceptional mover, athlete or a fighter but you must work within your own potential.

There’s a reason why all top level gymnasts are notoriously short - the skills become almost impossible if you are tall and heavy.

Likewise, strongmen tend to be as heavy as possible because their size and weight will help them to lift and carry the heavy stuff that they do. The lesson here is that we need to pick our battles.

When it comes to our training, the training is all about you. It’s about the health, fitness and performance of YOUR body.

We don’t play the comparison game where people are put in arbitrary hierarchies based on their ability to bench press. Our aim is to help you restore the natural limitless potential of your body and as a result transform how you move, look and feel.

This alone is incredibly rewarding because you are investing in yourself. But if there’s something you want to do: dance, play golf, fight or go hiking, you will be more than capable of excelling in anything you choose to focus on.

We have had numerous students (and we included) reaching high levels in martial arts, golf, dance and other forms of movement thanks to supercharging their physical fitness with our training programs.

Training is about your dreams. We are here to help you realise your potential. There’s no need to hold back. Go for it 8)
emattson

Post by emattson »

"There’s a reason why all top level gymnasts are notoriously short"

I used to occasionally meet in person Paul Wylie, an Olympic figure skater who eventually won the silver medal. He's short at 5 feet 4 inches, but incredibly talented.

Agree that everyone has one or more sports he'll fail in. I'll never amount to anything in wrestling nor as football's offensive tackle, but may be a great runner if I ever put my mind to it. Too bad my culture view sports as a youth activity while the middle age are expected to sit on their couch watching others have their fun on TV.

I try my part in encouraging people to be active by partnering with anyone who's interested in walking. Our best effort was a 20,000 steps grind with a Brazilian. I belong to a nature walk meetup group that walks every Saturday at the Boston arboretum. One of my Chinese friends visited Hong Kong a few times before COVID-19. He commented that they walk everywhere, keeping slim and healthy. We both also often take walks together.
Erik

- John Adams
Buckland robb

Post by Buckland robb »

People always ask me what exactly ndo you guys do for training ??

It's no secret So I'll outline for you how to burn 50% more Calories in 1/2 the time .

The first ingredient is Animal Flow is a fluid way of moving using body weight only that can enhance strength, stability, and mobility. For some people, it's a form of meditation. We're trying to improve the connection, communication, and function of the human animal.
Animal Flow is a ground-based, bodyweight movement system designed to improve a range of skills including speed, power, endurance, flexibility, mobility, and stability — the idea being that you can tailor your routine to suit your goals.

To practice, you flow from one position to another, opening up the body and using stabilizing muscles.

My next ingredient is Primal Kettlebell - Kettlebells are a staple of functional training and the reasons are obvious; they offer more efficient benefits pound for pound than any other training method available. Whether you're looking for a stronger core, arms, and legs, or if you just want a quick way to stay in shape, the our Primal Kettlebell Workout program will make it happen. :D

Animal Flow is definitly good for flexibility and mobility and restoration. I've found the most effective method to gain flexibility for Martial Arts is Superfoot Systems' Super Stretching program - add it you wont regret it.

The last component for me is Kickbox Fitness _ Kickbox Fitness was created by World Karate / Kickboxing Champion Joe Lewis; using heavy bags and weighted gloves to achieve all three components of the ‘fitness triad’ flexibility, cardio and muscular fitness.

Primal Fitness Kickboxing was created by Robb Buckland and combines all three training methods, it consists of a 9 minute Animal Flow active stretch / warmup followed by 12/2 minute rounds of kickboxing, boxing and MMA techniques using heavy bags and focus mitts. Commingled with Kettlebell flows, Dumbbell complexes, Medicine Ball and Barbell lifts

Above and beyond this is your personal Martial Art of choice drills.
This is a complete, 5-week workout program consisting of 20 different workouts. These workouts are designed to challenge both beginners and advanced lifters while working out your entire body, forcing you to use multiple muscle groups at once
emattson

Post by emattson »

"how to burn 50% more Calories in 1/2 the time"

For the same amount of effort and time, you burn more calories for each session doing cardio than weight lifting, but weight training builds muscles. More muscle mass burns more calories at rest.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ca ... eight-loss
Erik

- John Adams
Buckland robb

Post by Buckland robb »

If you follow my fitness advice I want to point out that although we share similarities with many exercises you may have seen done elsewhere (although you will learn lots of unique exercises as well), the method is fundamentally different. :idea:

What does this mean? The intention, focus and priorities are set differently compared to the mainstream fitness.

In many of our programs (especially true in 'Sore in 6" we do the exercises differently and thus get different results.

In terms of changes in my body, the Primal Flow program has lots of mobility drills, paired with each strength exercise. And the flow routines, they will force you into movement patterns, your body either hasn't done in years, or maybe never performed.

This has slowly but surely loosened up my body and the bodies of my students . And while they're still ways to go, I've eliminated a lot of lingering soreness and stiffness in my body from training for years.

Things are not always as they seem and one exercises can look the same but produce very different results depending on how the exercise is performed and utilized.

But don't just take our word for it, Try it !!!
Text me your contact info /body weight/ and fitness goals and Ill start you a program w/ nutrition 8O

207-216-7647
Buckland robb

Post by Buckland robb »

I hope your having a cozy happy as possible day with friends and family. To kick off the season, I want to take a moment to say, with the deepest gratitude:

Thank you.

Thank you for all your hard work, your motivation, your goal-crushing mindset, and your continued support. You’re on my mind today, and in my thanks.

My 8-Week Simple + Savage Program, designed to get you making epic muscle gains and burning fat using the most minimal equipment possible! And by no means does going minimal mean minimal results. Oh no. Going minimal means actually getting it done.

If you want to get it done, I will be posting experts from this program on this threat to give you all the opportunity to share in our team success 🙏😎
emattson

Post by emattson »

"I hope your having a cozy happy as possible day with friends and family."

Japan celebrates a Thanksgiving equivalent on November 23 unless the day falls on a Sunday; in these cases it will be on November 24. Labor Thanksgiving Day is observed to respect labor, to celebrate production, and for citizens to give each other thanks. It was a modern form of an ancient harvest festival known as Niiname-sai.
Erik

- John Adams
Buckland robb

Post by Buckland robb »

I think referrals are generally the best sign of success.

In the community of Wells Maine we are fortunate to have alot of fitness options available so people can find a suitable 'fitness community' . I'm blessed to have a former couple of school teachers around the corner from me who decided to open a cross fit 'gym'

Sadly at first I lost a few members to them. But it wasn't long before tragedy struck and one of my former members was paralized by performing an unsafe lift, unsupervised using incorrect form.

Eventually I started receiving calls and emails from their members who were experiencing problems with the joints, stiffness and lack of transferable athletic ability. The gym had tried to introduce 'flow yoga' unsuccesfully to help their members combat this problem . But most who inquired decided to try to a new paradigm with us and were happy that they did.

I found everyone I talked to had one common goal, they wanted a more integrated and transferable approach that incorporated more than just having big muscles: the ability to move freely and pain-free while taking good care of their bodies.

The solution? Primal Flow Fitness

John said ,
"When I switched into these programs, Movement was of particular interest to me, I noticed that a lot of these problems that I was having, were starting to go away. So, I developed more flexibility, because I was forced to move my body in ways that I hadn't ever tried before."

Next, let's talk about you.

Are you experiencing pain and stiffness in your body that take the fun out of your workouts and life in general?

Do you have big goals for yourself: wanting to move better, become athletic, get strong, build muscle, lose fat?

Do you value staying fit and healthy at a later age, being able to live life 100% and play with your children?

We have tools to help you achieve all of these things and a lot more.

For example, Primal Flow Fitness is not just about learning movement.

You will also learn strength exercises, stretching, active flexibility, mobility work, animal movements and how to express yourself in a flow.

It's a holistic method that covers both body strengthening and learning how to move. This is because in order to reach your full potential, you need both.

Not many people realize this but training can actually be an incredibly fun and joyous experience. You can learn how to move the body in ways you never imagined and find something about yourself you didn't know was there.

Primal Flow Fitness is our most popular program to date and as a result it has been proven to work incredibly well.

You can learn more about the method at primalflowfitness.com

Chris , a former 'Cross fitter " and regular 'Iron Man' Competitor said , "I looked up a lot of the bodybuilders that I used to just really look up to, to see how they are holding up after all these years, and so many of them have had shoulder, knee, hip replacements, and that's not really something I want for myself, like, I want to feel good, and I want to take care of my body!"

Unlike dangerous modern training methods (2001) Cross fit which is more archaic, we've found and incorperated some highly sophisticated, but all remarkably effective training methodologies.

We tend to believe that formal training is mainly a modern phenomenon with our state-of-the-art gymnasiums, fitness models and scientific workout programs.

However, people have achieved amazing levels of strength and performance for thousands if not tens of thousands of years.

Different forms of weight lifting, calisthenics, conditioning, rehabilitation and equipment have been used in a variety of ways.

There's one common factor in all of these approaches. In the history and prehistory of physical exercise, fitness was never separate from functionality.

As such, these methods emphasize the development of a body that is capable and well-rounded in many aspects of performance.

In the West, From the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans, to the Far East of India and China, I've collected 5 methods of body strengthening with real historical background.

Implement some of these to your routines and experience the timeless strength of the ancient man.
Buckland robb

Post by Buckland robb »

In 2018, we started training seriously with a special form of yoga called Animal Flow that is sometimes called Flow Yoga. We combined this with Kettle bell flows and we call that Primal Kettle bell.

The results and gains have been outstanding when it comes to core strength, core stability and developing your ability to grip.

Other parts of the body such as the upper body and lower body have also developed as a result of using this method.

What makes the Primal Flow special is that it combines body weight and Kettle bell flows You really have to use your grip and your entire body to hold it together when 'flowing' .

In this forum you will learn a lot about the practical uses of the Kettle bell and also about the ancient history

Our method is a strength program sought by power lifters because it maximises strength potential through all ranges of motion.

Remember your last burpee?

To do that burpee you essentially did a squat, then a pushup, then a frogger, then a jump squat, chaining all four movements together in rapid succession. That swift and seamless connection of a variety of exercises is known as “flowing,” and it’s an exercise style that can fry your muscles, stoke your metabolism, and make you more athletic with just a few reps a week.

Flows can grow far more complex than burpees, and they can do far more than get your heart racing. We use powerful kettle bell flows to help you pack on muscle, while Animal Flow, will have you improving your mobility.

When you flow, you’re poaching from yoga, gymnastics, martial arts, and break dancing. Like those disciplines, flowing pushes you to do more than reps; your body must make small transitional movements to get in position to, say, do a push up after the squat as part
of the burpee. Few training programs cover those transitional movements, Flows can work in surprising ways.

A recent study in Human Movement Science that followed subjects who performed training similar to Animal Flow for four weeks found that their ground-based movements improved proprioception (your sense of where your body is in space) and cognition.

We focus on flows that build strength. I use kettle bell flows you can do for multiple rounds for a short workout or for one round as a finisher.

"Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend alot of time with them and it will change your life forever "
Last edited by Buckland robb on Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emattson

Post by emattson »

"can do far more than get your heart racing"

Agree that "pack on muscle" does wonders in reducing fat and has many health benefits. Exercises that make the heart beat fast helps improve the VO2Max, improving cardiovascular fitness and aerobic endurance.
Erik

- John Adams
Buckland robb

Post by Buckland robb »

You are the Hero or Heroine of your life.

Life is not easy, being human is a staggering act of near-impossible bravery. But you were born to be the hero of your own story.

I've learned to move and coordinate myself in ways I didn’t think were possible it makes facing the rest of what life throws ar you a hell of alot easier.

Animal Flow and Primal Kettlebell offer a holistic transformation that goes deeper than the surface. A transformation that changes how you move and feel in your body.

I can tell you that you also have the ability to completely transform yourself. Both internally & externally.

We tend to watch movies and admire the Hero’s brave life altering transformation.

The truth is, we can be that hero. You can transform yourself like you never believed.

Within every person there’s a seed. And no matter how many years of dormancy have passed, it still sustains its potential.

Right actions are the rain that activates the seed’s transformation process into the plant it’s meant to grow.

You are the Hero or Heroine of your life.
Buckland robb

Post by Buckland robb »

“We do not stop exercising because we grow old we grow old because we stop exercising.Every workout is progress. Exercise is the key not only to physical health but to peace of mind. The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy.”

-#Fknbkln

CASE STUDY:

John a firefighter shared his experience working with team fearless for 4 years and fixing countless pains and aches in his body.

John spent most of his adult life in pain - 12 years in fact. It got so bad that people were wondering what is wrong with him.

He tried many different programs, spent lots of money on physiotherapists, chiropractors and doctors but nothing helped.

Later, he found team fearless Fitness and the rest is history

Now, 4 years later John describes his pain 1-2 out of 10 (almost no nexistent) when in the past it was 9/10 and crippling his life.

The biggest lesson he learned was that in order to fix the body, he had to understand internally what is happening in the body - how the body moves.

He understood that just emulating the external form without the internal feedback is not enough and often won't get you anywhere.

Moreover, today John moves like he never thought possible. The world is his oyster now. Whatever he chooses !

How’s your fitness?

How’s your flexibility?

What kind of strength training do you do and is it functional?

Return to “Ancient Health Wisdom for Modern Times”