Chi in water???

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Chi in water???

Post by gmattson »

An ad for this was in the Saturday Evening Post. The "water machine" sells for $1700 (discounted)

Since I don't understand the scientific goblleygook, perhaps Bill and other will be able to explain how/if this works:

http://www.johnellis.com/fs_main.htm
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

George,I didn't read it, I read the headlines and thought it was, hey, are you selling them too?

BTW, I noticed that site has the same bouncing balls I used to have4 om my website when it was active.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

OK, let's start with the testimonials...

* Man, 72, full head of hair (bald for 40 years)

* Woman, 78, reverses grey hair (with smoother skin)

* Man stronger as senior citizen than when ranked #1 in the world in Discus

Blblblblbl!!!!!!!

In any case, I'm guessing that this machine - IF it does anything - is likely putting a little bit of ozone in the water. The Europeans use ozone to purify swimming pool water as opposed to the American habit of using chlorine. This is consistent with what they are advertising. It isn't anything new or special.

I will tell you though that I'm reversing MY grey hair with MY secret chi water... ;)

- Bill
student

I'll drink to that!

Post by student »

Bill Glasheen wrote: I will tell you though that I'm reversing MY grey hair with MY secret chi water... ;)

- Bill
And would that be Chi'm Beam...?

Ducking and coveing,

Murray/student
-"Smooooooooooooooooooooth!"
Skelton, R.
Kevin Mackie

Post by Kevin Mackie »

The energy added to the water has to be in the form of "Chi", as having more energy come out than in is put in violation of the second law of thermodynamics, which in turn be in violation of the US patent and trademark's office on granting patents on perpetual motion machines.

The inventor is a real inventor with at least 5 patents to his credit, and the device is covered under patent # 6,409,888. The invention claims to be a distilling device, nothing about adding energy. Most likely some new age marketing guru types are pushing the sale of this as something it isn't.

The physics are correct with the energy to boil and cool that amount of water so it's not all BS with regard to the distillation. But what a price tag!

A full home zero waste reverse osmosis system can be had for about $450 that will give you up to 25 gal a day of very tasty, lead heavy metal free, and cyst free water.

Kevin
chef

Chi in water

Post by chef »

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Bill Glasheen
I will tell you though that I'm reversing MY grey hair with MY secret chi water...

- Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say, only his hair dresser knows.

Vicki :o
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Kevin

I saw the distillation part mentioned. I'm just wondering about some of the other claims. "Air cooler with stirrer, so that more oxygen can be consumed during the energizing process." Well more dissolved gas would make the water taste better and support more life. A little bit of added ozone (O3) would have the same effect as added chlorine in killing germs. This compound ultimately breaks down to a lower energy O2 or oxygen. That could explain some of their claims about adding energy to the water.

Otherwise it's pure and simple fraud.

- Bill
Kevin Mackie

Post by Kevin Mackie »

To read the claims of the patent, paste this into your address bar. it may take a moment to load.

The company has had two complaints handled through the better business bureau, both of which were not corrected to the customer's satifaction. one = defective , one = failure to deliver

Patent Office Link
gmattson
Site Admin

Whats happened to the Post?

Post by gmattson »

I remember when magazines like "Life" and "Saturday Evening Post" were respected publications. I've very surprised they would accept a full page ad for such a product.
Last edited by gmattson on Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GEM
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Aha!!
Abstract
A method and apparatus for water degasification and distillation in an apparatus having a container for a reservoir of water to be degassed and
distilled, a relatively small boiler adjoining the container and having a feed water conduit connecting the container and boiler so that a selected water
level in the container will fill the boiler to the same level, a coiled tube
condenser within the container immersed in the water therein, the
condenser coil having a vertically disposed longitudinal axis, a second
conduit in the boiler connecting the space above the water level therein to
the inlet of the condenser so that steam flows from the boiler to the
condenser, an outlet on the condenser extending through a container wall
for discharging the condensed steam as degassed distilled water, a heater
in the boiler for heating the water therein, a motor driven stirrer axially of
the coiled tube condenser for generating a swirling movement of the
reservoir water with formation of steam bubbles therein and an ozone
generating device
in the boiler for purifying the steam. Optionally, an
oversized filter is mounted at the outlet of the condenser.
So it distills the water and adds ozone. Not a bad guess..

One of the reasons to distill the water first is to get rid of the chlorine. You can do that with a deionizer too. The distillation process essentially gives you very pure water with nothing else. The ozone stays in the water for some time, and will kill bacteria and algae. It breaks down to oxygen.

- Bill
Last edited by Bill Glasheen on Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

George

Nothing wrong with the device; it's pretty basic stuff in Europe. You would use something like this for your swimming pool in lieu of chlorine tablets or other chemicals.

It's the marketing that's shady.

Let's see now, where have we seen THAT before... ;)

- Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Bill:

Post by gmattson »

Are you saying the claims
may
be true?

I'm curious about "memory of viruses/germs and sickness in general" being stored in water. I've heard this claim before as used by homeopathic healers.

Sounds very interesting from a marketing standpoint. Just wondering if any of it is based on science.
GEM
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

"Memory of virus/germs and sickness" in water may be nothing more than the live organic content of water. We worry about viral content of fluids whenever someone sneezes near us. We worry about viral content of fluids whenever engaged in unprotected intimacy with someone whom you don't really know. We worry about the viral content of fluids in the hosptal all the time. Most water contains viruses and bacteria and algae and such. Even in the chemistry lab I used to work, we'd get algae growing in the deionized water containers. All you need is a decent microscope to see such things. Most of these things are innocuous.

Distillation wipes the slate clean. You get pure water and nothing else. The process is boiling water untill it turns into a gas (water vapor), and then recondensing it back to the liquid state (water). This device then adds ozone (as a gas) in much the same way you'd add any other gas such as CO2 to make soda water. It will linger in the water for a while, and kill germs.

Now if you make a little corn mash and add some yeast and let it ferment (without exposure to oxygen) and take the fluid and put it through a device like this, the alcohol evaporates first. Thus a high concentration of spirits comes out the distillation device first. You get moonshine. So any redneck can distill things...

I don't subscribe to the homeopathic stuff.

- Bill
Akil Todd Harvey

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

Any of them machines make water less wet?

It might seem like a far out there claim, but with all the other ridiculous claims, might as well shoot for the moon.......

"You will be able to bathe yourself and not have to dry off when you are finished, because we pre-dried our water for you"

ATH
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

Two things:

I thought the distallation process was for capturing alcoho, George/Billl. Can deionizing do the same thing.

Todd, I know it's less wet when you poke yourself through a thermocline layer. Maybe that stuff can get pumped through the showers as well.

If you are REALLY concerned about drying-off after taking a shower, there IS a simple solution, though... :lol: :P
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”