BOB CAMPBELL HAND POSITION

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

BOB CAMPBELL HAND POSITION

Post by Art Rabesa »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7CL0nxOYyc
Here we get a look at Bob Campbell's advanced Uechi Ryu seminar. Bob now lives in Hong Kong. That's a long way from Quincy Massachusetts where he was raised. I am constantly speaking of the hand position being the key factor in most things we do. You'll detect this here with Bob. Sensei Campbell is now recognized as one of the best authorities of the martial arts in the world. He was also the U.S. weapons champion as well. At 6'4" he is very imposing. The power he is showing comes from the many years of sanchin training. Hands in this position brings forth the inner explosion generated. It hits very hard and will cause a great deal of destruction. In my close combat videos you'll see the hand position used. I've often been asked if being 5'8" is an advantage when working close. Bob Campbell is 6'4" and can also work close. Size is not a factor when you can hit from where your hands are. This only comes from knowing the power base of sanchin. Bob started his fighting training in Boston. He was about 13 or 14 when he entered my fighting session at the Boston dojo. The boy turned out okay didn't he? Van Canna had a great deal to do with Bob's fighting lessons too. Van and I are pretty proud of Bob's success. ------Happy Trails ----Art
Art Rabesa
Van Canna

Re: BOB CAMPBELL HAND POSITION

Post by Van Canna »

Amen, Art...Bob Campbell is one of a kind...'stealing eyes' and all...full contact champion, National martial weapons champion, he was chosen by president Marco to be the 'palace' security chief...the list is endless...extremely well respected in Okinawa for his fighting prowess.

Yes, we both enjoyed in contributing to his 'slammer skills'...to this day he continues to be the 'human weapon' ....something anyone will believe pretty quick if he were to cross hands with him.

That particular 'reinforced arms' move he does, is quite a stopper if fired into the neck of an opponent as he swings at you.

We have had a KO at the Bridgewater dojo with that entering move against a haymaker. Pretty scary.
Van

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”