Dojo Mishap

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

zak10w40

Dojo Mishap

Post by zak10w40 »

Hi Bill,
Just wanted to post a recent occurence, and an appreciative thanks to some of my fellow "Hut" dojo members. Last week, I got to practice late and didn't adequetely stretch out in my enthusiasm to get started.
I was working out fine until we did Dan Kumite (I believe it was) I did the jumping kick and immediately felt something go pop in my calf muscle. Never had an occurence like that, and I have had many injuries before. It was a sharp pain and immediately I couldn't walk on it or even bear weight and it started to throb and I hobbled to the sidelines not knowing what to mak of this.

I was worried that I had torn something badly and immediately thought about missing work and all. 8O However, thanks to Harry Skeffington's shiatsu knowledge, a loaner of tiger balm by Vinnie Christiano and an Ace bandage by our building manager Richie -- I limped out of there in better spirits. THough it is sore one week later I am nearly healed and do not seem to have suffered major damage.

I have to stress that I did this without contact to any other person. No Contact! So let everyone know once again. Warm up, s-t-r-e-t-c-h. Especially you new middle agers'

Also thanks to Terry who copied a number of DVD's for me, included in which was... lower body stretching (Thanks, Terry -- wish I had gotten that a week earlier!) :roll:

Return to “Special Needs”