Being dropped from Forum

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

chef

Being dropped from Forum

Post by chef »

Question: If you don't post on the Forum for a while, are you automatically dropped?

How long can you go without posting before that happens?

Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
2Green

Post by 2Green »

Hi Chef!

I've been "dropped" lots of times.

Just get a new password and you're good to go.

I probably go through one a year. The site navigation setup is kind of weird, I find.
I think that's the cause.

Ever try to get to the Uechi "home" page from the forums?
"You can't get there from here" ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... hi there... ... ... ...

Just try it now: go to the bottom of this page, click on "HOME" and watch what happens! WTF?!

~N~
The music spoke to me. I felt compelled to answer.
gmattson
Site Admin

Hmmm...

Post by gmattson »

I'll have to speak with one of our highly paid staff members. He should be fired for these oversights! :)

Actually, this is the first time anyone has mentioned the "home page" screw-up.

Regarding the log-in after a long absence, the biggest problem most people (who write to me) say they have forgotten their username and/or password. Since the "cookie" must be renewed once a year for the forums, if you are away for more than a year, or if you delete your "cookies", you must "login" again when visiting.

If anyone has detected any other problems, please feel free to contact me.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

2Green wrote: Ever try to get to the Uechi "home" page from the forums?
"You can't get there from here" ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... hi there... ... ... ...
Never thought it was intentionally set up this way, but you can get through from the forums to the homepage. I'll give you a hint. It's like the department stores at the ends of a mall. You can't just walk through in a straight line, you've got to go in a circuitous route--past the merchandise. Two clicks, and I'm there.
Mike

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”