Survival skills for "sheep" in a world of "wolves"

fivedragons

Survival skills for "sheep" in a world of "wolves"

Post by fivedragons »

This will be hard to write, but not as hard as the years it took to make it necessary to write.... Maybe some will learn something useful without judging my story.

First off, you are a wolf. People are all the same, and those who are labeled as sheep are just wolves who never had the chance to find out who they really are.

I lived many years as a drug-addicted musician in Los Angeles, and spent part of my life moving through a nightmare consisting of other drug addicts, violent criminals, mentally ill homeless people, gangsters and street level dealers of many ethnic identities. Many different ghettos. I survived this without becoming a corpse or an inmate.

When dealing with wolves, BE RESPECTFUL. They, more than anyone, operate on this level. Treat a wolf the same way you would like to be treated.

BE REAL. Wolves, more than anyone, can tell when you are being fake. Act the same way you would like other people to act with you.

DO NOT JUDGE. Wolves have a visceral reaction to this. Treat them the same way you would like to be treated.

BE HUMBLE. Wolves do not tolerate people projecting false pride. Act in a manner that you would find admirable.

DO NOT SHOW WEAKNESS. Wolves react to the scent of blood. If you are not bleeding, there is absolutely no reason that you need to smell like blood.

MAINTAIN YOUR EQUILIBRIUM, AND DO NOT REACT TO WORDS AND EMOTIONS. Wolves respect someone who can be centered in who they are.

PAY ATTENTION. Wolves appreciate it when people take them seriously and interact with them on a human level. Show that you are aware, and make the effort to express yourself honestly, without setting yourself apart from the pack.

DO NOT POSTURE OR MAKE THREATS. If you do this, you would have been much better served by taking some kind of action.

DO NOT TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO, OR HOW THEY SHOULD BEHAVE. Just don't.

KEEP YOURSELF TO YOURSELF. If you feel that you need to do something about what you see or hear, do not let anyone know what you are up to. :lol:

And most important: Realize that there is nothing separating you from these people, other than experiences and intent. You are just as capable as any criminal. In this world, anyone can become a victim, but with understanding comes power.

P.s. I have met doctors and lawyers who are just as bad as any "gangster". Never judge a book by it's cover.
fivedragons

Re: Survival skills for "sheep" in a world of "wolves"

Post by fivedragons »

I'm done. Blessings all.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Great post , thank you for sharing with us , lots to consider an very sound advice all round IMHO
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

Okay, not done yet. :lol:

Marcus, you have always impressed me as being a quality person. You are one of the "good guys". 8)

I hope you have a great life and know that there are people who appreciate people like you in this world. Stay strong and keep the faith.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

You too brother , I think you said it best
BE REAL. Wolves, more than anyone, can tell when you are being fake. Act the same way you would like other people to act with you.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Most excellent five dragon...and thank you for sharing.
Van
Seizan

Post by Seizan »

One of the best, most sensible posts I have read in a long time. A keeper. Something that can only come from the grit of experience. Will be shared with my students...!
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Indeed. What Five Dragon wrote is worth more than a million dojo assumptions...simply because none of us really knows violence the way it materializes in the world.

We are so lucky to have 5 dragon as a contributor on this forum.

I guess Rory is right after all in the books he wrote.
Van
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Thanks for sharing that information with us 5D. One of the "must read & remember" articles I will keep and pass on to my students and friends.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Right on George.

Hope this will become part of your embedded articles of your site that will be read by the multitude of visitors.

Hopefully 5D will give us more.
Van

Return to “Kyohon - Realist Related (Real Self Defense)”