Is this still a forum?

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

TSDguy

Is this still a forum?

Post by TSDguy »

I used to post here regularly 20 years ago when I was young and stupid and knew very little (but had a LOT of muscles!) I progressed from TSD to ATA and WTF TKD to Judo to Western Boxing, Muay Thai, dabbled in JJJ, BJJ, Kali/Escrima, just about everything.

Obviously I have some free time now. I thought I'd check this place out again. I see the posts are not often, but I wonder if people still frequent this place?

Edit: Also I love my choice of avatar from twenty years ago. It's still kinda hot!
Glenn

Re: Is this still a forum?

Post by Glenn »

Hi! "Frequent" is a bit of a stretch, but I do check it periodically.
Glenn
TSDguy

Post by TSDguy »

Hi Glenn! You're actually one of the people I remember posting here!

I'm not sure a good way to ask this but are the old posters still alive? Bill, Van, etc.?
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

As far as I know yes. Van still moderates and posts to his Self Defense Realities forum on this site. Sadly other forms of social media such as Facebook have usurped these older forums. Bill for example stepped away from this forum in 2017 to focus solely on his Facebook page and this forum has largely dried up as a result, although content here had already decreased quite a bit by then. Other factors such as changing interests and politics likely have played roles as well.
Glenn
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Bullcrap. . . Just that you guys are getting too old to fight with Glasheen. I see him on F.B., where I see him going head to head with younger and tougher opponents, all the while, projecting to millions of his fans, how smart he is. According to the pundits, you guys just weren't in his league! Of course, neither was I! :)
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Interesting. I just checked how many people are on the forums right now: