Karate and CoVID-2019

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Glenn

Karate and CoVID-2019

Post by Glenn »

We have been training for this:
https://touch.facebook.com/groups/50175 ... 8788159514
My favorite is at 0:50
Glenn
farrahlux_2000

Re: Karate and CoVID-2019

Post by farrahlux_2000 »

he Covid-19 pandemic has entered its third year, with no end in sight, and the world is fed up to the gills. A new and even more highly transmissible variant, Omicron, has been scorching through holiday gatherings over the past couple of weeks. People who are thrice vaccinated are among the infected. Hard to believe as it seems, the start of 2022 may be even more unsettling than the beginning of 2020. history of telemedicine http://curogram.com/blog/history-of-telemedicine As we have several times over the past few years, STAT turned to Mike Ryan, head of the health emergencies program at the World Health Organization, looking for some insight about where we’ve been and where we’re heading. He and his team first learned a new virus appeared to be circulating in Hubei province, China, in the waning days of 2019, and have worked flat out since then trying to help the world navigate the worst pandemic in a century. When you deal with a highly transmissible respiratory virus you would expect the virus to go through multiple waves. We didn’t know how those waves would develop in terms of geography, temperature, seasonality, and everything else. But the history of respiratory epidemics is they do tend to go through those wave-like transmissions.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Welcome to the Wuhan gift that keeps on giving.

This manufactured virus, most assuredly a product of gain-of-function research, is here with us forever. Regular vaccinations will help lessen the severity, but we'll be dealing with some variant ad infinitum until the end of time. After all the root is a coronavirus, which is one of three causes of the common cold. This is a cold with an attitude.

Eat right, exercise, rest, get sunshine, and learn to live with it. Over time it is in the interest of any virus not to kill its hosts. Virus survival means spread easily (virulence) but don't kill (severity).

Good luck, good health, and good training.

And don't give money to scientists who fund this kind of lethal research. No names mentioned, but the initials Anthony Fauci come to mind. He and the scientists at WIV have the blood of many on their hands.

Bill
Gene D.

Post by Gene D. »

There once was a time when Bill Glasheen was a well respected, award winning scientist with multiple publications in the peer reviewed literature, as well as a formidable martial artist and martial arts teacher who has an expanded and scholarly view of Uechi karate. While the latter is still true, his above statements show the former is no longer even remotely the case. Proceed with his advice at your own risk, and seek out, ahem, more qualified analysis and recommendations.
Gene
emattson

Post by emattson »

I am fully vaccinated and boosted twice by the Covid-19 vaccination. My VO2 Max level is well above normal, and I can walk 30,000 steps in one day. I average over 13,000 steps a day. My resting heart rate is at athletic level. None of my friends suffered dangerous reactions after getting the jab. Not surprising since side affects are so rare. A large study found 1,626 cases of myocarditis among 192,405,448 persons who received mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines (0.000845%). Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) occurs in 3.8 per million people who receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid ... 9-vaccines

The problem is because of such low numbers of bad reactions, we have great difficulty in connecting the vaccine with health problems or determining if it's just a coincident. Poor lifestyle could be the factor of increase of death. Lockdown forcing Americans to be sedentary and isolated is incredibly unhealthy.

I like to see better research and outreach in ways to improve vaccination's effectiveness. Drinking too much alcoholic beverages weakens the immune system, lowering the effectiveness of vaccination. Exercise May Enhance the Effects of a Covid or Flu Shot.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9967163
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35131444/

I'm the type who like to see medical science enhanced with natural healing. I certainly agree that trust in America's health system is completely broken. The opiate crisis probably made it much worse. Ways to fix it is beyond the scope of this post.
Erik

“Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.”
- John Adams

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”