Looking for a dojo in VT/NH

Locate a teacher or instructor in your area. Also a forum for posting information about your new or unpublicized dojo.

Moderator: gmattson

jkolb

Looking for a dojo in VT/NH

Post by jkolb »

Hi, my name is Jeremy Kolb and I started Uechi-ryu at Brandeis University this past semester. I am going to be home for the summer in Woostock VT and I was wondering if there are any dojos in the area, Woodstock is about 30 minutes from Hanover NH, White River Junction VT and Rutland VT for reference points. Thanks!

Jeremy Kolb
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Jeremy,
Theres no Uechi that I know of near there. I would recommend White River Budokai which is not too far. Ron Treem teaches there and he teaches Jujitsu, Goju-ryu and some traditional weapons. They are a great group and I highly recommend them. The Jujitsu will round out your Uechi well without interfering with it. I was just up there last september.
www.whiteriverbudokan.com
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
jkolb

Thanks!

Post by jkolb »

Thank you very much. I will definately check this out.

Jeremy
Mills75

Joe Gilbert

Post by Mills75 »

Sorry if i'm way off just trying to be helpful but Joe Gilbert Teaches Uechi in Bennington , Vermont if that is at all close to you..

Jeff[/list]
jkolb

Post by jkolb »

Thanks. I found Joe Gilbert but it's a ways from where I live so I've been picking up Goju-ryu with Sensei Ron Treem in White River Junction when I'm home in the summers. It's a great compliment to Uechi and I think my Uechi-ryu has improved a lot because of it.
robb buckland

Uechi Ryu in Vermont ??

Post by robb buckland »

I'm located in Windsor Vt. what days would you like to train ?? :D :D
FEARS Ltd
"Art meets Reality"
www.fearsltd.com
jkolb

Post by jkolb »

You're in Brownsville? Nice, I'm originally from Woodstock.

I'm in MA now and no longer live in VT. If you are looking for someone to train with I highly recommend checking out the Budokai (http://www.budokai.us/) in WRJ. They're right above the Tip Top Cafe. Ron Treem is the Sensei there, he teaches Goju-Ryu, JJ, Aikido and some weapons.

Goju-Ryu is pretty similar to Uechi-Ryu and he even knows some Uechi, he often used me to teach the class about Uechi and he would often go to Uechi to explain things in the Goju class. The classes are pretty small but the price is pretty good. I definitely learned a lot there.
robb buckland

Goju/Uechi

Post by robb buckland »

Thank you !!!! :D
FEARS Ltd
"Art meets Reality"
www.fearsltd.com

Return to “Locate a Teacher or Dojo”