What was your most memorable date?

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

chef

Post by chef »

Everyone has a date they will always remember, good or bad.

What did you do?

Where did you go?

What made it unusual?

Just for fun,
Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

In London With a Beautiful Sardinian Girl

What did you do?

Looked at art and architecture , and just took life easy , cafes and old pubs

Where did you go?

Was In Central London , were it went was unbeleivable

What made it unusual?

the City , the enviroment , the meeting of two very different but very similar cultures/people .
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

My going away date with the then love of my life, a movie, a very expensive dinner which she barfed all over the side of my car. Thankfully she married the lead singer of my band.

After that it's been one long memorable date with my wife.
I was dreaming of the past...
2Green

Post by 2Green »

I could not possibly post my most memorable date on these forums!

NM
The music spoke to me. I felt compelled to answer.
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

C'mon Neil don't be shy, most men have suffered, umm, performance problems now and then. None here of course but think about all the lurkers that you'd be helping by telling your story.
:wink: :lol:
chef

Post by chef »

Sure you can, Neil, just use diplomacy.....you don't have to go into the intimate details.

Vicki
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Yeah diplomacy worked for me !!! :D
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

August, 1971.

What did you do?

A best friend and I took two young ladies to see Jesus Christ Superstar. My best friend was with his girlfriend. My date was a blind date arranged by my friend's girl with whom I had a good friendship.

Where did you go?

The performance was at Hampton Coliseum. We first met the blind date at a parking lot she drove to. (I think she didn't want her parents to know where she was going.)

She was beautiful, lithe, and blonde. She danced ballet and loved rock music. Holy cow, this is a blind date? 8O

What made it unusual?

She enjoyed the show. We had a lot to talk about, and quite a bit in common.

Afterwards we went to drop her off at her car. It must have been a plot or something, because my friend drove off for a bit.

As for the rest, well...

Let's just say that Jesus Christ Superstar was followed by a truly religious experience. 8O :oops: 8) :wink:

- Bill
Last edited by Bill Glasheen on Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

A picnic on a cold Winter day on the floor of her little apartment...I realized then women kinda like men that can cook :wink:
Léo
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Ok... this may sound country...but I am from Carver MA, Craneberry capitol of the world.

Took my date out to Edaville reservoir on a hot summer night. I was 20 she was 18. I had procured some wine coolers. We layed out on a deck where there was absolutely no light polution.That night the most incredible meteor shower happened. I had the perfect recepe of enviroment and chemistry for -um- well you know.....Though it wasn't sophisticated in the least, it will remain a night I will never forget.

I really liked that girl, in fact I was crazy about her. What I wouldn't give to have the same carefree lust for life and love that I had just 14 years ago. Age and responsability have a way of stealing it from us :(
chef

Post by chef »

I really liked that girl, in fact I was crazy about her. What I wouldn't give to have the same carefree lust for life and love that I had just 14 years ago. Age and responsability have a way of stealing it from us
How true! We have to so careful to not to lose that, not to get complacent in our relationships even though eventually that diamond seems to lose its luster.

One of the most thought provoking statements a good friend who was in a good marriage said was "I will never be in love like that again"...that breath-taking, heart pounding thrill we first experience when we meet our spouses or lover. That is a sad reality but all novelty wears off on the excitement of experienceing new things.

Don't get me wrong, it can still be really good. Even though copper which is bright and shiny eventually loses the original surface, with time can age to a beautiful patina.

Never take a good relationship for granted.

Regards,
Vicki
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

One of the most thought provoking statements a good friend who was in a good marriage said was "I will never be in love like that again"...that breath-taking, heart pounding thrill we first experience when we meet our spouses or lover. That is a sad reality but all novelty wears off on the excitement of experienceing new things.
I get that same feeling when I eat spicy foods. Maybe my relationship still has zing because for my wife and me falling in love was more gradual. My wife was in the outer ring of my circle of band friends and she is also six years younger than me. When she was still a teen, another friend and myself were always trying to find a nice guy for her to date. When she turned 18 I fell in love with her. She only went out with me to prove that we weren't made for each other and after 4 days of dating she wanted out but I asked for to give it at least a week. Well that week turned into 23 years and is still going. I have had several memorable dates with other women, but none better than the ones that I still have with my wife. :D
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Above was the most memorable date but to be honest, the most memorable part of it was the meteor shower. My wife and I have had week long dates. Our last one was in the Dominican Republicin May. Left our toddler with his Grandparents. Great way to recharge and reconnect.

Now for the two happiest days of my life.

1) My marraige to my wonderful wife. That happy endorphin buzz lasted through my honeymoon. 8)

2) The Birth of my wonderful Son. That endorphin buzz got me through many nights of interupted sporadic sleep :)
chef

Post by chef »

Most memorable date that I can share:

When I was 18, I spent a Saturday afternoon with my hippie friend, Scott. He didn't own a car but lived on a nice sized sail boat and got around Biloxi beach with his bike. We spentd the afternoon sailing around the coast. Toward evening we anchored off of one of the small islands and cooked steaks, potatoes, and corn on the grill out on the deck. It was a magnificent clear night with a slight breeze and tons of stars to light the sky. I will never forget that evening.

Vicki
Topos

Chef - You Romantic Devil!

Post by Topos »

"What was your most memorable date?"

Forever burned into my mind and soul: Saturday 14 February 1970 - 12 noon.

My best buddy wanted me to meet his daughter's ballet teacher. Knowing his taste in women I almost declined but as the 3 other women I was dating [unbeknownst to each other, of course] I went.

When I went to the door to open it up my heart stood still. 32 years old roue became 16 tongue tied teenager. After 2 hours I invited her, and of course my buddy and his wife as charerones, to my Divison Chief's party that evening. At 9 p.m. they showed up and truly everyone one around us faded like a bad 1943 Musical. By the time I drove her home 3 a.m Sunday, VERRRRY SLOWLY, I know that for the rest of my life that if God blessed me I would be hers. A week later I proposed and to my eternal gratitude she accepted.

We married one year later on 14 February 1971 [Valentine's Day to the 'unromantic' [grin]]. And to this very moment I feel the same awe and love.

[Guess that this, and not my crappy punning, has a definite chance of getting me banned from Bill's Forum for every more [grin]]

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”