it was only a matter of time

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Laird2

it was only a matter of time

Post by Laird2 »

The Coalition Cup!!!

Toronto Maple Leafs Win Stanley Cup!!!

Canada was stunned Monday when it was announced that The Stanley Cup will be awarded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, possibly as early as December 6th.

The cup will be stripped from from 2008 playoff champions the Detroit Red Wings and be awarded to the Leafs, who didn't even make the playoffs.

How is this possible, Canadians ask?

Well, the Leafs have formed a coalition with eastern conference semifinalists the Montreal Canadians, and conference quarter finalists the Ottawa Senators, now outnumbering the Red Wings.
According to current Leaf coach Ron Wilson "the Red Wings have lost the confidence of the league and should hand the cup over immediately to our coalition".

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is cutting short a European trip to try to resolve the unprecedented hockey crisis that could force a second playoff series, or see an opposing team coalition take the cup.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Chris McKaskell

Post by Chris McKaskell »

8O :lol: :lol:

It's like a bad smell in the refrigerator -- sometimes you just gotta dung the whole thing out, wash it clean and start again.

Like that'll ever happen.

Humbug.
Chris
Topos

Little Boy Blue

Post by Topos »

Laird, the picture you posted reminds me of the riff that Andrew Dice Clay does with nursery rhymes ...

especially about "Little Boy Blue ...." [grin ++++ ]

Retort with levity I say.

Merry Christmas and all the other avowed parallel holidays.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Well, atleast canadian politics is no longer boring.
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

According to current Leaf coach Ron Wilson "the Red Wings have lost the confidence of the league and should hand the cup over immediately to our coalition".

Come on down to Detroit and TRY to take it. :twisted:
Laird2

Post by Laird2 »

Actually it's a politcal metaphor for the BS that's going on in Canada.

The Red Wings look well positioned to repeat again this year. Tampa is ahead in the standings but they tend to fall on their faces come playoffs.

But you never know, personaly I figure Calgary is going to kill your dreams come the playoffs. :roll: Well a man should have a dream! 8)
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

Alot of pictures are blocked from viewing, so I probably missed a bit of context there. 8)

I'm going to enjoy watching the Red Wings take it again. Man, they're the only good thing to come out of that cesspool. :lol:

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”