Unknown- MA question...

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

2Green

Unknown- MA question...

Post by 2Green »

Does anyone here know of a MA-style that employs a club, a little longer than the forearm, slung from the elbow?
I've been foolin' around with this and it's got some potential.

~N~
The music spoke to me. I felt compelled to answer.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I think martial traditions worldwide have utilized some sort of club at some point in their history, the European mace for example. Not sure about slung from the elbow though, I don't recall seeing any representation depicting that...if I am correctly visualizing what you are saying.

Or do you mean The Club, which I think I saw Jackie Chan use in a movie once :D
Glenn
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Anywhere from Japan with the Jitte , to the Shillelagh In Ireland I suspect , and everywhere else , any specifics on the club ?
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

Yeah, clubs are good. :?
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

So are hatchets, baseball bats, golf clubs, tire irons, pieces of trees, fireplace implements, candle sticks, large mag lights, pots, pans, rifle barrels, forearms, rocks, knives, bricks, chairs, wrenches, hammers, billy clubs, axe handles, solid body guitars, tennis and racquetball rackets, shovels, lamps, pool queues, bowling pins, table legs, maces, morning stars, walking sticks, canes, crutches, paperweights, lamps, saps, pipe, sculptures, scepters.

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”