Susan made me do it!

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Susan made me do it!

Post by Bill Glasheen »

OK, so that was really lame. :lol:

George's significant other has a few of us on her daily e-mail share list where you get to keep up to date on the latest funny videos, dumb jokes, etc.

Well this one came in. It was about the election being over, and how we all needed to get over the change. And now for the next four years, we all can go around with this bumper sticker on the backside of our cars.

8)

- Bill
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Glenn
TSDguy

Post by TSDguy »

Is that a white supremacist site? :?
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

TSDguy wrote:
Is that a white supremacist site? :?
Oh my god! What on earth made you come up with that?

One thing that raises my hackles is for any protest against Obama to be met with a call of racism. To that I give the Bronx cheer.

Nice try, but... REE-JECT!!!!

Nothing personal, TSDguy. This goes on amongst my own 6 sisters and brother. One of my sisters and her daughter were Obama campaign workers. Now and then she'll send an Obama propaganda video out to all of us. It is not met with the same enthusiasm as I'm sure it enjoys amongst her political friends. ;)

A spending bill that will mortgage a generation for nearly a trillion dollars just got passed through Congress and signed by the president. It received zero (0) minority party votes in the House, and three (3) in the Senate. What's that about? Bipartisanship? Apparently not. That's about the "O schit!" things that can happen when one party dominates both Congress and the Executive branch. When either party gets that kind of uncontested power, it makes libertarians run for cover. Watch your wallet!

The party in power from 2000 through 2008 put up with a lot of abuse. We all got to hear the stupid Bush jokes, see the bumper stickers celebrating his last day in office, see Republicans blamed for everything from global warming to the heartbreak of psoriasis, etc., etc. ad nauseum.

And now... What goes around comes around. Cafe press apparently is like any other business. They came up with an idea for some T-shirts, and it's selling. So like any good business, you make more of what sells.

Want to know why this stuff is selling? Listen to your neighbor. I realize it's difficult for those who believe in "the chosen one." But try. We are a diverse nation with a wide array of opinions. These are tough times. There's a lot of talking going on right now. As there should be....

- Bill
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Cafe Press caters to all sides...there is anti-republican, anti-democrat, anti-Obama, and still a lot of anti-Bush merchandise on it.

I think sales of such merchandise is accounting for about a third of the country's economic productivity lately. :wink:
Glenn
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Something to think about, Glenn, if we lose our jobs in this economy!

Hey... In these tough times, laughter is the best medicine. 8)

- Bill
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

...as is love, and I've been seeing some reports like Dating Services Boom During Tough Economic Times...another potential career move if laid off?
Glenn
TSDguy

Post by TSDguy »

Did you look at the site Bill? They're blatantly white supremest stickers on there. It's not criticizing Obama,

{racist language deleted}

Edit: On second look, I think the racist stickers are relatively unrelated to Obama. Just a douchebag website, more than one that is

{racist language deleted}

Edit 2: I'm not sure which way this one is supposed to be taken! :lol:

Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

I couldn't find that at that site, TSD.

Nor could I find any of this other 'racist' material you were talking about.
TSDguy

Post by TSDguy »

I'm sorry? :lol:

Just click around in their political sections. It's quite literally everywhere. If you want to find the above image, try searching McCain or something. The site is a disaster.
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

http://shop.cafepress.com/political

http://shop.cafepress.com/mccain-or-something

Yeah... sorry. I'm calling your bluff. It's not there. As you can see, there are plenty of things criticizing Republicans too. :roll:

Time to link up or grow up. :lol:
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

You can look for anything you want on that site and find it.

http://shop.cafepress.com/anti-republican

Looks like a freedom of speech and free market issue here.

Meanwhile, I had to edit your post of offensive language. It's not like above where the language came from the site. YOU pulled those words out of YOUR OWN imagination. Sounds like the sink calling the bathtub white here. It's one thing to use the language you did; it's quite something else to make libelous accusations. You, sir, weren't just being offensive; you were dishonest.

Oh and by the way... Why are we posting our names here, and you don't even have the balls to give us yours? Just wondering.

- Bill
Topos

No Such Thing as a 'Racist Site'

Post by Topos »

Attorney General Holder has exposed Americans cowardliness in talking about race. So, any site that is expressing the expressive bravery that the esteemed Holder wants can ergo no longer be racists.

Now the only racism allowed is from HUMAN-RACISTS. :)

Ah, the freedom to come out of the DARK era in our history, lead by the cynosures of brotherhood and reconciliation, Reverend Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Black Caucus, Maxine Waters, and of course our New President and his wife who can now be proud of America for the first time.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

Topos, you are truly one of a kind. Thank you for being you.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Here's the thing.

Criticism of this administration's policy is not about race. Race is a red herring. Using "the race card" to undermine the important process of debate and discovery is to me a sign that the party is lacking a rational argument in the discussion at hand.

The election of a half Afrikaner is sufficient evidence that race is no longer an important issue in U.S. politics. An angry electorate suffering from a recessionary economy looked beyond skin color and voted for the man with "hope" and promises. We also came very close to having the first ever female president. Personally I need to be reminded that Obama is ... well ... whatever the heck people say he is. He's an Ivy League graduate and a former Constitutional Law professor with a short resume. That's all I see. Everything else quite frankly is irrelevant.

All I see now is the fleshing out of "hope" and "bipartisanship." It was only a matter of time before Obama had to end the politics as usual and start executing policy.

As Clinton's team said while they campaigned against George HW Bush, "It's the economy, stupid!" Reduce it all to what matters, and act accordingly.

And me? I say "It's the policy, stupid!" No bipartisanship. Little hope of governance in spending at a time when lack of governance got us into the mess we're in. A Hail Mary Keynesian economics pass at a time when fiscal blocking and tackling skills are needed.

Me no like. If you don't like my opinions, stay on subject. It's the intellectually honest thing to do.

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”