Might be blonde but....

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Shelly King

Might be blonde but....

Post by Shelly King »

OK, now the little light bulbs keep disappearing from the main menu. What's going on and how do I fix it?

------------------
Shelly
Scott Danziger

Might be blonde but....

Post by Scott Danziger »

Shelly,

If you are using Netscape I think I know what you mean. Lately, when using Netscape, the bulbs when I first enter the forums are gone. (Not there at all) Then when I go to any of the individual forums all the messages are as if they are all read, (nothing new). Now I have to use IE5 for the forums to work correctly for me. (I smell an MS conspiracy)

Scott
lori macleod-doyle

Might be blonde but....

Post by lori macleod-doyle »

I've had this problem as well. Do I have to switch back to internet explorer to fix the problem?

Lori M-D
Dakkon

Might be blonde but....

Post by Dakkon »

All,
Netscape seems to have troubles with the Java used in the forums. Big brother has assimulated me, I.E. works GREAT and is a lot faster! Both Browsers can co-exist on the same machine Image
Also the same basic trouble shoting applies.
Clear the cache' update the browser if need be, make sure java is enabled. etc etc
You all have heard the drill Image
Cheers,

------------------
ÐÅKkØÑ
M.C.S.E.
M.C.P.+I
Scott Danziger

Might be blonde but....

Post by Scott Danziger »

I use both browsers almost all the time now because some sites handle one browser better than the other.

However, on my machine and through my ISP, I find Netscape faster. I also prefer the features and use as well. Just my preference.

Scott
Shelly King

Might be blonde but....

Post by Shelly King »

I am using Internet Explorer, Netscape isn't even an option anymore. Like right now, I have no lightbulbs showing up at all.

Anthony
Yes, I underestand the light bulbs Image

------------------
Shelly
gmattson
Site Admin

Might be blonde but....

Post by gmattson »

I still think it's because you are a blond, Shelly! Image

------------------
GEM
Shelly King

Might be blonde but....

Post by Shelly King »

Anthony
OK, as my husband will agree I don't bake cookies, so how/when will the UBB write a new cookie.

GEM
Feeling fiesty I see. Must be payback for the ponytail joke. Mary had trouble with it too so it apparently isn't just a blonde thing. Image

------------------
Shelly
Mary S

Might be blonde but....

Post by Mary S »

Oh-oh Shelly... I sense a "_____ for a woman" being loaded ...

------------------
Shelly King

Might be blonde but....

Post by Shelly King »

Mary
You are correct, that's the second time I've left myself wide open to that joke. Waiting for JD to make one of his famous "women in the kitchen" jokes.

Tony
I reset the profile, it didn't say anything about storing a cookie on my harddrive like it did when I first registered. Guess time will tell if it worked.

thanks!

------------------
Shelly
Shelly King

Might be blonde but....

Post by Shelly King »

Ok, time told and it didn't work...I guess I'll have to quit being lazy and actually "read" the dates of the last entry to see what's new. Aughhhh!!!!!

------------------
Shelly
Shelly King

Might be blonde but....

Post by Shelly King »

aughhh Tony!

Where do I find tools at? Mary never did get hers fixed either.

------------------
Shelly
Shelly King

Might be blonde but....

Post by Shelly King »

Tony

I have favorites and on either side I have go and help and nowhere do I have anything that says tools. Aughhh!!!!
Shelly King

Might be blonde but....

Post by Shelly King »

Would you be implying that I'm abusing company tools for my own personal interest? Oh wait, look at that...I am. Yes, this is at work, company server and all that.

------------------
Shelly
Dakkon

Might be blonde but....

Post by Dakkon »

Shelly,
Which version of IE are you using?
help --> About
Tony not all shops are using ie 5 yet Image Too many security issues with it. Image Granted I or anyone that uses the IE Admin Kit can make a custom version of IE5 with certain features "disabled" I don't see that happening in anything but a hugh corp.
Cheers,
Chuck

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”