Country Freedom concert "dropout"!

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

This is a statement from Charlie Daniels. I simply say, "AMEN" !!!!! ===========================

There are probably some of you folks out there who are wondering why we didn't appear on the CMT Country Freedom Concert for the Salvation Army to benefit the victims of the September 11th Attack on America.

We were announced and scheduled and had every intention of doing the show, until we gave the CMT folks the lyrics to a new song I had written and wanted to perform on the show.

After receiving the words they informed us that we could not do the song on the show and when we asked them why they said that the show was a healing type show and they were afraid that song would offend someone.

I would never do anything to hurt the show but I knew that they had the very epitome of country stars and didn't particularly need us to sell tickets. With this in mind, I decided to pull off the show for personal reasons which I would like to share with you.

Let me preface my remarks by saying that I respect CMT's right to not allow anything they don't agree with to go out over their airwaves. And in all fairness, I guess they were taking the sensibilities of the victim's families into account. But I respectfully and vehemently disagree with their stand.

First of all, I don't feel that this is the time for healing. I feel that this is the time to rub salt in the wounds and keep America focused on the job at hand. We lost almost seven thousand people in the Trade Towers and Pentagon and we're worrying about offending somebody?

We have seven month old babies infected with Anthrax and we're afraid we'll hurt someone's feelings?

Brave Americans forced a plane down in a field in Pennsylvania and we're worried about ruffling someone's feathers?

We're sending our sons and daughters off to fight and perhaps die in a war we had nothing to do with starting and we're concerned about insulting somebody?

I felt to give into this political correctness would be to turn my back on the people who lost their lives on 9-11 and on the brave men and women who defend this country.

The title of the song is "This Ain't No Rag It's A Flag", and I don't apologize for a word in it.

I'll let you all decide for yourselves:

***** This ain't no rag it's a flag and we don't wear it on our heads
It's a symbol of the land where the good guys live
Are you listening to what I said

You're a coward and a fool and you broke all the rules
and you wounded our American pride
Now we're coming with a gun and we know you're gonna run
but you can't find no place to hide

We're gonna hunt you down like a mad dog hound
and make you pay for the lives you stole
We're all through talking and messing around
and now it's time to rock and roll

These colors don't run and we're speaking as one
when we say united we stand
If you mess with one you mess with us all
every boy, girl, woman and man

You've been acting mighty rash and talking that trash
but let me give you some advice
You can crawl back in your hole like a dirty little mole
but now it's time to pay the price

You might have shot us in the back but now you have to face
the fact that the big boy's in the game
The lightning's been flashing and the thunder's been crashing
and now it's gettin ready to rain

Chorus:
This is the United States of America
the land of the brave and free
We believe in God, we believe in justice,
we believe in liberty

You've been pulling our chain, we shoulda done something
about you a long time ago
But now the flag's flying high and the fur's gonna fly
and now the whole world's gonna know

This ain't no rag it's a flag old glory red white and blue
The stars and stripes and when it comes to a fight
we can do what we have to do

Our people stand proud the American crowd is faithful and
loyal and tough We're as good as the best and better than
the rest you're gonna find out soon enough

When you look up in the sky and you see the eagle fly
you'd better know he's headed your way
This ain't no rag it's a flag and it stands for the USA

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

[This message has been edited by gmattson (edited November 29, 2001).]
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

I love it.Kill those bastards with extreme prejudice. That's all they will ever understand.

F** political correctness.

------------------
Van Canna

[This message has been edited by Van Canna (edited November 29, 2001).]
Panther

Post by Panther »

ditto what Van-sensei said...
LeeDarrow

Post by LeeDarrow »

Bottom line:

Political "correctness" in this instance in INCORRECT!

The Rangers have a saying "F&(* with the best - Die like the rest!"

"Some of these political correctness nazis do not seem to understand that the Right to Free Speech INCLUDES the Right to Say Things That May Offend Someone Else!" - L. Darrow, 2001

You may quote me on that.

And Van-Sensei, as a paraphrase - "Kill 'em with extreme Patriotism!" Image

Respectfully,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van Canna:
I love it.Kill those bastards with extreme prejudice. That's all they will ever understand.

F** political correctness.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
LeeDarrow

Post by LeeDarrow »

Laird-sama,

Agreed, except for the faded flag bit. My Mom flies a flag that has been in the family for three generations - each of which have served. My great grandfather carried it at Belleau Woods. My grandfather carried it with him on the Murmansk run during WWII and passed it to my Dad in the Airborne when he parachuted in for the invasion of Southern France.

My brother and I did not serve - he was a medical case and I did not get my number drawn for Viet Nam - so she flies it as a rememberance.

The original Old Glory is a faded, tattered flag - yet it is one of the USA's great patriotic icons.

It is flown specifically to honor those who have gone before.

Sometimes tradition is as good as a crisp new look.

Not a criticism, by any means, but more a justification for some of those tattered old flags that are out there. Image

Respectfully,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
hsohn

Post by hsohn »

little reminder for some of you.

If the right to free speech means the right to say things that offend, maybe your response to some of them shouldn't be,"IF YOU DON"T LOVE THIS COUNTRY LEAVE." The people who call for sensitivity/political correctness have an equal right to say what they do. Did they insist you leave the country?

Also, if you look at our history, it's pretty clear that loving your country and not loving all of what goes on within its borders is pretty common. In fact, our society is pluralistic enough that it sort of has to happen. I don't support alot of what the US gov't and some of the residents do. That's my right. It's your right to be narrowminded and interpret that as unpatriotic or not loving my country. It's even your right to tell me to leave. I respect that.

And you'll probably disagree but I think that shows that I love this country a hell of a lot more than some of the people spouting this stuff.

Post by Guest »

Lee-sama, the family flag is a fine tradition,I stand corrected.

Hsohn, you make many valid points.

I think it's time society grew thicker skin.

Thanks for calling me narrow minded ,you left out redneck. Please feel free to attack my comments but keep your personel insults to your self. This forum is for debate not for name calling.

Laird

Post by Guest »

Apparently my comments on politically correct were politically incorrect.

So much so that some forum members were driven to insult me personally.

I apologize to all who may have been offended including those who have abandoned decorum as a result of my transgression.

I have deleted said post.

Laird

[This message has been edited by uglyelk (edited November 30, 2001).]

Return to “Realist Training”